IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card is one of the three-lifetime credit cards offered by IDFC FIRST Bank, the other two being- IDFC FIRST Millennia and IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card. Although all three cards provide a similar incremental reward structure, they differ from each other in terms of redemption value and minimum spending threshold (to earn incremental spending).
This variant i.e. Select is similar to IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card as both of them offer low forex markup fees, access to lounges, and other travel benefits. However, while the IDFC Select Card is a good choice for domestic travel, IDFC Wealth turns out to be a better option for international travelers.
|IDFC First Select Credit Card – A Snapshot
|Nil (Lifetime Free Credit Card)
|Best Suited For
|Rewards and Online Shopping
|Up to 10X Reward Points that never expire
|Offline Purchases: 3% | Online Purchases: 6%
|Gift vouchers worth INR 500 and 5% cash back on the first EMI transaction
Features of IDFC Select Credit Card
Below mentioned are some of the salient features of the IDFC Credit Card:
- Up to 10X reward points that never expire
- Dining and Movie offers
- Low rate of interest
- Complimentary access to domestic airport lounge – 4 per quarter
- Complimentary Railway Lounge access – 4 per quarter
- Low Forex markup at 1.99%
- Interest-free cash withdrawal
- Roadside Assistance and travel insurance
Benefits of IDFC Select Credit Card
Below mentioned are some of the benefits of the IDFC Select Credit Card:
- No annual fee. Lifetime Free Credit Card
- Low-Interest Rates (APR), from 0.75% to 3.5% per month (9% to 42% per annum)
- OVL Charges – 2.5% of the over-limit amount subject to a minimum charge of ₹500
- Forex Markup at 1.99% for all international transactions
- Late Payment Fee – 15% of Total Amount Due (subject to a minimum of ₹100 and a maximum of ₹1250)
- Interest-free cash withdrawals on Domestic and International ATMs for up to 48 days (Cash Advance Fee of only ₹199 per transaction)
IDFC First Select Credit Card Privileges
Before clicking on the IDFC Credit Card Apply button, an applicant should know its privileges:
- Airport Lounge:
- The Program is applicable only on a minimum monthly spend of `5000.
- Enjoy 4 complimentary visits per quarter to select Airport lounges in India.
- Spends done between the 1st to 30th / 31st of any calendar month shall be considered for access for the next month.
- Basis spends in the previous month, this benefit will be activated by the 5th of next month and will be valid till the 5th of the consecutive month.
- The above terms and conditions shall be applicable to the primary card and all add-on cards.
- This benefit will be shared between primary and all add-on cards.
- Lounges are available on a chargeable basis in excess of complimentary visits or during months where lounge access has not been activated.
- This program is open only for cardholders carrying an IDFC FIRST Select Credit card issued in India.
- Movie Offer:
- Buy one ticket and get up to `250 off on the second ticket on Paytm Mobile App. The offer can be used to avail of two free tickets during a month.
- Railway Lounge:
- Enjoy 4 complimentary railway lounge access in a calendar quarter to participating lounges in India.
- Road Side Assistance:
- Complimentary Road Side Assistance (RSA) all over India, up to 4 times a year worth₹1399 on your IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card through Global Assure.
- Complimentary insurance coverage is available to IDFC FIRST Bank Cardholders through their Insurance partner Oriental Insurance Company Limited.
|Travel Insurance Cover
|Air Accident Cover
|INR 1 Crore
|Personal Accident Cover
|Lost Card Liability Cover
|Loss of Checked-in Baggage
|Delay in Checked-in Baggage
|Loss of Passport
|Delay in Flight
Reward Point Benefits
Below mentioned are the reward point benefits associated with IDFC Select Credit Card:
- Earn 10X Reward Points on all transactions that are above ₹20000.
- Get 3X Reward Points on all offline transactions.
- Enjoy 6X Reward Points on all online transactions.
- Get 10X reward points on your birthday.
- There is no maximum limit for earning reward points through the IDFC First Credit Card.
- Your reward points will not get expired and you can redeem them anytime.
- You are entitled to earn 1 reward point on spending INR 125.
- The value of 1 reward point is 0.25 paisa and 1 rupee includes 4 reward points.
Processing Fees & Charges
Below mentioned are the processing charges & fees to apply for IDFC First Select Credit Card:
|Fees / Charges
|Joining / Annual Fee
|Over Limit Fee
|Interest Rate / Finance Charges
|starting at 0.75% p.m. (9% annually)
|Reward Redemption Fee
|Foreign Currency Markup Fee
|Late Payment Fee
|15% of Total Amount Due (subject to Min INR 100 and Max up to INR 1,250)
|International & Domestic Cash Advance Fee
|Return of cheque/ Auto Debit/ Payment Return
|INR 250 per Returned cheque/ Auto Debit/ Payment Return
|1% of the transaction value (minimum INR 99), Fee will be levied if booked through any channel, unless done at the Point-of-Sale terminal or merchant website/ app
|Card Replacement Fee
Below mentioned are the documents required to apply for IDFC First Select Credit Card:
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Voter’s Id, Driving License, PAN Card, or Passport
- Identity Proof: Latest months’ utility bills, Aadhar Card, or Passport
- Latest salary slips/ latest bank statements, or latest audited ITR.
IDFC First Select Credit Card Payment
One can opt for any of the payment modes to clear the bill of IDFC First Select Credit Card. If it is feasible then make payment of the credit card bill through cash or cheque by visiting the branch. Also, one can follow online methods to pay bills as they are convenient to make the payment. Below mentioned are the different
- Pay Credit Card bills via IDFC First Bank Internet Banking
- Via UPI Payments
- Try Net Banking from Another bank or Debit Cards to clear the bills.
- Make use of IMPS and NEFT, where the IFSC Code will be IDFB0010225.