Education

Know All about GATE Exam

The GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Exam is a national-level test organised by 7 IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur will host this year’s GATE Exam. GATE 2023 is based on a comprehensive understanding of each topic. GATE 2023 will be conducted on 29 subjects on 4, 5, 11 and 12 February 2023. GATE Exams are held across India in multiple cities.

In the GATE Exam, which is a computer-based test (CBT) online exam, 15% of the marks are allocated for General Aptitude, 13% for Engineering Mathematics, and the remaining 72% for Core Subjects. However, this is not true for all academic disciplines. Some subjects such as AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, and XL cover only two sections of the questions. The first is the overall aptitude section (15%), and the rest of the 85% belong to the core subjects.

Candidates who clear the GATE Exam are eligible for admission to IITs and NITs for higher education. Note that it does not ensure admission, scholarship, or jobs at PSUs. It depends entirely on the institute’s admission standards, which is also the same for PSU recruitments.

GATE Score Card

The GATE Exam authority provides a score card to the candidates who qualify for the exam. The GATE score card can be downloaded from the GOAPs portal after the results are declared. For GATE 2023, the results will be declared on 16 March 2023, and candidates will be able to download the GATE score card by 21 March 2023.

Candidates should understand the importance of scorecards. Candidates are advised to keep the GATE score card for future use at the time of admission to the postgraduate programme, as well as for PSU recruitment. Scorecards are valid for three years from the date GATE results are announced.

GATE Preparation Tips

Candidates preparing for the GATE Exam must be aware of some important pointers that come in handy while taking the exam. Here, we have mentioned a few of these tips for the convenience of candidates in taking the exam.

  • It is very important that the candidates know their subject’s syllabus thoroughly.
  • Knowing the exam pattern is another vital point.
  • Candidates must plan their study plan before starting the preparation.
  • Starting the preparation early is very important as the GATE syllabus is very vast for each subject.
  • Always refer to standard books and make notes
  • Practice GATE previous question papers and take mock tests as much as possible.
  • Learning how to manage time is an essential factor while taking the GATE Exam.
  • Revision is the key. Candidates must revise so that they can keep their preparation fresh.

GATE 2020 Question Paper

The GATE 2020 question paper is one of the elements that can enhance GATE preparation. Well, it’s not just last year’s GATE problem collection. As mentioned earlier, it can be of immense help for the preparation. Therefore, a candidate who wants to pass the GATE exam should practise the GATE 2020 question paper according to the subject.

Practising the GATE 2020 question paper will help candidates understand the general exam pattern and scoring system. Candidates are given the opportunity to encounter problems that may be very similar to the upcoming GATE Exam. That way, candidates can cover those topics as well. Solving the previous year’s survey is the best way to learn time management skills. Later on, it will help boost a candidate’s confidence. Solving question papers improves review preparation as they can evaluate their mistakes and work on them.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.